The whole point of this site is not about vanity. The point is about being healthy and full of vitality for our whole lives. It's about living life to the full and realising our dreams so we live our ideal life. I don't know about you but I have decided to put the 'style back in my life'.
My ideal lifestyle is
- having financial freedom to do what I love, which is write children's stories and take photographs
- having time to spend with those I love and, as they are scattered around the world, that means travelling
- being fit and healthy to enjoy the life I have created. I want to still be doing my dance classes when I'm 80 years old
- being able to help others and, in particular, empower them to improve their lives
Is there only one way to create this lifestyle? - absolutely not. But there are some recognised ways to WORK SMARTER to achieve my ideal lifestyle in a concentrated time frame so I have more time to enjoy my one precious life.
On this blog, I am going to share the ways I know to succeed in creating my ideal lifestyle. What you learn could help you find the solution you need to create your ideal lifestyle that gives you the freedom to be, do and have what you dream of.
So before you come up with all the reasons this won't work for you, stop a moment and ask yourself if what you are doing now is going to achieve your ideal lifestyle. If it isn't, then you need to do something different and you may as well start now.
What Wealth Are You Creating Right Now?
The reason I ask about wealth is that most people believe it is their lack of wealth that is stopping them getting the lifestyle they want. But sometimes, all you need to do is to be clear what your ideal is and match the wealth you need with that. You may find that you can have the wealth you need to create your ideal lifestyle by making just a few changes.
To find out what you current wealth is is pretty easy.
- Your wealth is basically the money you have coming in MINUS the money you have in going out.
You can go through your bills and accounts over the last month to find out what your outgoings are and then take that amount away from the money you have coming in for that time.
Then think about what your ideal lifestyle is and what wealth you need to create that. If you are there already, congratulations. If there is a mismatch, then make some changes to get a better fit.
What is Your Ideal Lifestyle?
- You need to be clear on what you want. Would you go on a road trip with no map? If not, why would you live your life without a plan?
- Write down a list of what you want your life to look like. Think about specific areas such as
- family and relationships - do you want to have a family reunion in Hawaii in two years?
- physical -do you have a goal to achieve, like weight loss or just being fitter?
- business / income - what do you want your working life to be like?
- community contribution - what do you want to do to 'give back' to others?
- Break these goals down further into 6 month, 1 year, 5 year etc goals and be as specific as possible
- Be clear about how are you going to know that you have achieved your goal? For example, if getting fitter is a goal, then how will you know - it could be 'I'll be able to run around the block without having to stop' or maybe 'I'll be able to run a marathon'.
- Look at your list regularly to keep you motivated. Change it as necessary. It isn't fixed in stone, it's a guide
- Then ask yourself these questions: Are you on track to achieve your goals with what you are currently doing? Is your current wealth going to get you where you want to be? If not, what are you going to do about it?
How Can You Increase Your Wealth?
There are two ways to do this:
- reduce your outgoings. Have a good look at where money is leaking out on non-essential items. Just refraining from having a daily coffee fix will save over a $1000 per year. If this is a regular 'fix' for you, you need to decide if it is something you could give up for the increased wealth. It may be that it is something too important to you to give up; that's fine. That's a conscious decision. But keep looking for any 'unconscious spending' that could be curbed.
- increase your income. You may not be able to change your job or ask for a raise, but you can consider supplemental income
These steps are ones I have taken so I know that it's absolutely possible to increase your wealth using these steps. It doesn't matter where you start from, you can do it.
Here are some ideas about creating a supplemental income, including the one I have chosen:
- You might want to look at what you have in your home that doesn't serve you any longer. Maybe someone else would have a use for it - have a garage sale or sell on Trade Me (Ebay for those not in NZ). There's some supplemental income right away
- Is there something you're good at that you could offer as a service? Are you brilliant at ironing? Maybe someone in your street hates ironing. Put up a local notice offering your services and see what happens. Swap ironing for gardening, baking, mowing the lawn - the options are endless. What do you have to lose?
- Join a loyalty programme and be rewarded. For example, I buy a lot of essential products from one company that rewards me with points I can then redeem on products, so I then get some of them free (it's probably more reducing outgoings than actual increasing income, but the result is the same - more wealth). Check out what I managed to get free at the beginning of this year by clicking here.
- One way I have approached supplemental income is to become a Network Marketing Professional because I want to create sustainable leveraged income. If you don't know much about Network Marketing and want to find out more, I recommend looking at the resources Sonia Stringer has on her website ' Savvy Network Marketing Women' - click here.
- What I was careful to do was partner with a company with great products, a great track record, a great compensation plan and a great support system. I needed a brand I believed in.
- I live in Christchurch and Christchurch had 4 major earthquakes over a 15 month period in 2010 and 2011, each followed by hundreds of aftershocks, so this video about why network marketing works so well really spoke to me.
- We at ReVamp are always looking for friendly, fun, motivated people who 'get it' to join our team. If you are interested or open to hearing more, speak to the person who directed you to this page.
If you don't think Network Marketing is for you, that's fine as we will also be sharing lots of other ways of ReVamping your lifestyle. Remember, you can change your life by just taking small steps - watching us on our journey might be that step. What have you got to lose? Complete the form on the right to subscribe to our regular, free updates.