Which comes first, success or happiness? While some are of the opinion that happiness is a direct result of success, it is actually the opposite. Having a positive attitude and happy outlook on your present circumstances, whatever they may be, will lead to success. Success is not the key to happiness, but rather, happiness is the key to success.
Happiness and success are intertwined. Through daily habits and consistent, deliberate choices, you can ensure you are both successful and happy in the long run. Below are 5 simple steps you can take each day to improve your mood and spearhead your success.
So - Some Starter Quick Tip
1. Have an attitude of gratitude. Reflect on your day and jot down 3-5 things you are grateful for.
2. Chronicle positive experiences. What went well today? Record a positive experience you’ve had within the last 24 so that you can draw strength and confidence from them.
3. Squeeze in time for exercise. Exercise is a known mood-booster. Stay in tip-top shape both physically and mentally by making time for regular physical activity.
4. Meditate. Spending as a little as 2 minutes a day to detach and unplug can do wonders for your stress level and happiness. Focus on your breath as you inhale and exhale deeply.
5. Engage in a random act of kindness. Thinking of others before thinking of self is a great way to improve your mood. Reach out to an old friend or pay the bill for a stranger in line behind you.
IS IT REALLY THAT SIMPLE?
There will likely be a number of unexpected roadblocks that pop up along your path to success that are beyond your control to prevent or even predict. You have probably learned from your life’s experiences that you cannot control the timing and frequency of these unplanned difficulties. Sometimes you are required to face challenges that you never dreamed you were capable of handling. Facing these challenges head on with positivity can give you the confidence you need to succeed. Among all the unanticipated surprises you encounter, there is one element that remains within your control: your attitude. Accomplish your goals by first choosing to be happy! By doing so, you will pave the way for future success. So be optimistic, implement the 5 tips above, and improve your ability to achieve your goals.
Enjoy this quick little life hack? Sign up to our blog, for weekly updates on ways to REVAMP your skin, your wellness and your lifestyle.